Meritco Services_ Strategy Consulting/ Policy Analyst
Founded by ex-McKinsey consultants in Aug 2009, Meritco Services has expanded to 78 full time
consultants with offices in Shanghai, Beijing and Chengdu, plus a specialized M&A advisory team
(serving leading global PE funds and strategic buy-and sale sides) and 19 dedicated research
specialists supporting our client service teams.
The Purpose of the Firm is to create a place for intellectual people who bear the courage to
progress beyond social norms and are willing to take risks to create fundamental impact on
the Chinese economy and society. We value intellectual curiosity, empathy, humility and
meritocracy – and we are committed to the Firm’s representative governance, transparent and
non-hierarchical culture and the universal participation system.
Meritco has consistently grown at 4X market growth rates since its inception, substituting
inefficient and substandard multinational consultancies. Our client engagement exposure (130
studies FY13E) ranks next only to McKinsey and Roland Berger in the China market, allowing us
to achieve sector specialization and develop our talent at much faster rates.
- We aim to develop a policy analytics service line based in DC area, targeting both private and
public sectors for their better understanding of the Chinese market and industrial policies
- The candidate will assist to develop start- up service line that focuses on current Chinese
government policy reading, insight generating and forecast toolkit development
- The candidate will assist to discovery new business opportunities in the United States,
longing to cooperate with clients from both public and private sector with demand on
Chinese policy reading
- Strong entrepreneurship and dedication to a start-up job, passion for a diverse and fast-
paced working environment, and willing to make a difference
- Humble, able to keep an open mind for critical thinking and alternative views
- Value our shared ownership and universal governance (our participation arrangement
extends beyond the partner group to all associates/analysts)
- Master/PhD degree from a top tier US university with a concentration on economics, public
policy, political science, etc.
- Academic excellence, with solid quantitative analytical capabilities (advanced excel skills/R/
SPSS is a plus)
- 1-3 years’ work experience in consulting, policy analysis, government or international non-
profits is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, native Chinese speakers with profound understanding of
China, excellent /English spoken and writing skills
- The company will be able to support work visa in the US
* * *
If you are interested in being part of a lasting journey with Meritco, please submit your CV both
university/ work experience in subject line. We appreciate your interest in Meritco and we look
forward to hearing from you.
Meritco Service People Committee (June 2014)