Dear Members of HCSSA,
We are launching the annual election of HCSSA 2011-2012 management team and are calling for candidates for the following positions.POSITIONS :
1 president and 2 vice presidents
Alumni Relations: 2 co-chairs, 2 fellows
Business Development: 2 co-chairs
Communications (Website): 2 co-chairs
Outing: 2 co-chairs, 2 fellows
Social (Party): 2 co-chairs, 2 fellows
Public Relations: 2 co-chairs, 2 fellows
Seminar: 2 co-chairs
Sports: 1 chair
Venture Club: 2 co-chairs, 2 fellows
* If you want to learn more about the divisions and positions, please visit www.hcssa.org
and click the divisions link on the left panel.
* If you want to have an idea of our current management team composition, please visit http://hcssa.org/index.php/page_show/16HOW TO PARTICIPATE :
* Please send an email with the subject "2011 election" to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 11:59PM, May 18th Wednesday, providing your name, affiliation, and the position you propose to hold. Each person is required to provide 1 photo, and literature of 100-300 words in English. The President and Vice-president candidates are required to attach a CV.
* The candidates for president and vice president, treasurer, and secretary have to be current GSAS students, while candidates for other positions are open to all Harvard students and scholars. President and vice presidents must rum for candidacy as a team, while other positions are elected Independently. President candidate must have served on the HCSSA management team for at least one year.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT :
* All the names of the candidates and their materials will be posted on the website, letting all our members review from May 23rd. Online voting will be held May 28th - May 31st. Candidates with the largest number of votes will be elected. Results will be announced on June 2nd.
* Every Harvard ID holder is eligible to vote. Only votes from Harvard email accounts are considered valid, and one person should vote from only one Harvard address, otherwise the person's vote will be invalid. All personal information and vote will be confidential. An email regarding technical voting procedures will be sent out later.
ABOUT HCSSA :
The Harvard Chinese Students and Scholars Association (HCSSA) is an organization dedicated to the goal of promoting social, intellectual and cultural activities for Chinese students and scholars at Harvard University as well as other interested members in the Harvard community. We thank all our members for your support and help, and feel honored to serve you.