・ Rutgers University
・ Penn State Univ
・ Duke University
・ Cornell University
・ U of Illinois at Chicago
・ Univ of Florida
・ Ohio University
・ Univ of Manchester
・ Univ of Cambridge
标题: [CSSA-UCLA] : Special Message from CSSA-UCLA President regarding the Recent Swine Flu Outbreak
++++++++ ++++++++ ++++++++ +++
+++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++ +++
+++ +++ +++ +++ +++
+#+ +#+++++# +#+++++# +#+++++#+++
+#+ +#+ +#+ +#+ +#+
#+# #+# #+# #+# #+# #+# #+# #+#
######## ######## ######## ### ###
CHINESE STUDENTS AND SCHOLARS ASSOCIATION AT UCLA
Serve Our Community * Promote Cultural Exchange
To SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE, follow the instruction at:
To post information on Info Exchange, please send email to:
To Post on CSSA Bulletin Boards, please go to:
http://cssa.ucla.edu BBS section
For more information our programs and contacts, please visit:
Title: Special Message from CSSA-UCLA President regarding the Recent Swine Flu Outbreak
Dear CSSA-UCLA members,
(Information regarding the swine flu in Chinese from Guangzhou Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is available at http://cssa.ucla.edu)
As you may be aware, recently there has been a swine flu outbreak in the United States and beyond, resulting in a declaration of national public health emergency by the US federal government. I am writing to remind you of the precautionary steps you should take in response to this outbreak.
1. Frequently wash your hands with SOAP and water, or with alcohol-based hand sanitizers, especially for those who use PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION;
2. Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes with your hands;
3. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and afterward immediately dispose it in the garbage;
4. Immediately seek help from medical professionals if you develop flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, chills, headache and body aches. Do NOT be inattentive and resort to self-treatment. Over-the-counter medications may not effectively treat your illness;
5. Avoid traveling to Mexico unless necessary;
6. Purchase reliable HEALTH INSURANCE if you currently do not have one, especially for those students currently on leave of absence. It is very risky not to have a health insurance here in the United States.
7. If you must go to clinics for other medical treatments unrelated to swine flu, make sure they are safe clinics with licensed medical professionals and their tools are properly sanitized.
The current swine flu outbreak is caused by a new strain of H1N1 influenza virus that has combined strains from humans, pigs and avian influenza. Although usually spread between pigs and to humans with intense exposures to pigs, this new strain is believed to be able to transmit between humans who have no contact with pigs through: 1. coughing or sneezing of people already infected with the virus; 2. touching an object that has contracted the virus followed by touching the individual's mouth, nose and eyes.
If you think you might be infected with this contagious disease, please see your doctor. For students registered with UCLA student insurance program, visit the Arther Ashe Student Health & Wellness Center located at the Bruin Plaza (across the UCLA Bookstore and next to the John Wooden Center) as your first stop. The doctors there may then transfer you to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
You may also send emails to cssaucla.swineflu@(protected).
Stay calm, eat nutritiously (pork is fine as long as it is well cooked), sleep well, lower your stress level and build a robust immune system.
April 27, 2009
© 2008 laozhong.net - Jax Systems, LLC, U.S.A