标题: Job Opportunities - Building Code Commission
作者: Ying Jiang
== Guelph Chinese Students & Professionals Association
he Building Materials Evaluation Commission (BMEC) and the Building Code Commission (BCC) are seeking to enhance their membership. Interested members are asked to submit their application for consideration.
The BMEC is a regulatory body authorized under the Building Code Act, 1992, to examine, evaluate and, where appropriate, authorize the use of innovative building materials, systems and designs that are not recognized by the Building Code. BMEC meetings are held on a monthly basis. Members are also required to participate in Subcommittee meetings as necessary. On average, the BMEC receives 15 to 25 new applications per year. Meetings are usually held in Toronto, although meetings occasionally take place in other areas of the province.
The BCC is a quasi-judicial administrative tribunal that is legislated to resolve disputes between local building officials and permit applicants/holders involving:
• sufficiency of compliance with the technical requirements of the Building Code; and
• prescribed time frames for processing permit applications and/or conducting inspections.The BCC conducts hearing on a bi-weekly basis for a total of approximately 26 hearing days per year. Please note that individuals who are in the public service of Ontario or an employee of a municipality or Registered Code Agency are not eligible to serve as members of the BCC.
Both Commissions are seeking members who have:
• relevant experience and expertise in building design and standards, engineering, architecture, building materials manufacturing, testing and industry standards;
• technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: structural design/engineering, building sciences and standards, mechanical design/plumbing, on-site sewage systems and fire safety; and
• thorough knowledge of the Building Code and an understanding of the Provincial building regulatory system as set out in the Building Code Act, 1992. Those who apply will form a pool of potential Commission members. However, as you may appreciate, the membership of the Commissions may be limited and therefore, applying does not guarantee an appointment to the Commission.
Individuals who are interested in applying to either the Building Materials Evaluation Commission or the Building Code Commission are requested to apply online through the Public Appointments Secretariat website at www.pas.gov.on.ca.
== More info about this mailing list @ http://www.gcspa.ca/subgcssal.php