标题: [CSSA] Useful Tips for Dissertation Writing
作者: Academic Voice
Academic Voice - Proofreading, Editing and Research Support Services (
Useful Tips for Dissertation Writing
1. Does the introduction clearly set the scene and give an appropriate
background to the topic chosen?
2. What evidence do you give to support that the topic is worth
3. Are the research aims clear?
4. Is there a critical review of the evidence, with appropriate
analysis, synthesis and reflection of the research findings?
5. What are the main findings that relate to your research questions?
6. Is the discussion executed with good analysis and synthesis?
7. Is the conclusion informed by the research findings?
8. Is there a clear and well-developed structure?
9. Are the layout logical and the progression of arguments coherent?
10. Are there sufficient signalling phrases to indicate what you are going
to discuss next, e.g. firstly, secondly, in contrast, however, nevertheless,
11. Are all points within the paragraph and across the whole text clearly
linked using cohesive devices like articles, pronouns, possessives, etc.?
12. Is the literature appropriately chosen for your research topic?
13. Are the arguments well supported throughout?
14. Do you know which citation format is required? Are there any
referencing errors within the text and the reference list?
15. Is consistency maintained between in-text citations and final
16. Is the use of grammar, punctuation, spelling or vocabulary accurate?
17. Are there any typographical errors in the text?
18. Does the writing project an appropriate academic voice, giving the
right tone and style?
If you struggle with academic writing, our team is ready to help! Register
and submit online.
PO Box 9283, Nottingham, NG9 9DG, UK
This email communication and any attached files are confidential to Academic
Voice and are intended for use by the addressee(s). If you are not the
intended recipient(s) please notify the sender by email and delete this
email from your system. This message has been checked for viruses but the
contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses. You are
strongly advised to conduct your own check.
Cssa-members mailing list
CSSA Home Web: http://www.cssa-manchester.com
Subscribe (Sign in) or Unsubscribe (Sign off): http://www.umu.man.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/cssa-members